Vanuatu or officially the Republic of Vanuatu (Ripablik blong Vanuatu), is an island country located in the South Pacific Ocean. It is an archipelago of volcanic origin and is located approximately 1,750 km northeast of Australia, 500 km northeast of New Caledonia, western Fiji, southeast of the Solomon Islands, and near New Guinea.
The Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment Program began with accepting applicants in 2017, Vanuatu passport holders enjoy visa-free travel to about 125 countries, including the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, and the Schengen area countries.
The most important advantages of the program:
- Single applicant starts at $ 130,000 USD.
- 125 countries do not require a visa.
- 3-4 months to complete the procedures.
- Family qualifies with a single investment.
Advantages of Vanuatu citizenship
The regulations governing the Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment Program are guaranteed by the Citizenship by Investment Act of 2017. To qualify for citizenship, the main applicant must be over the age of 18 and meet all application requirements, including a good personality and healthy health.
- A straightforward and fast application process.
- Dual nationality is permitted.
- No taxes are levied on worldwide income earned.
- There are no travel requirements during the application process and there are no actual residency requirements for citizenship.
Individuals making a non-refundable contribution can apply for Vanuatu citizenship through a financial contribution to the government of Vanuatu.
Please note that citizens of Iran, Iraq, Syria, North Korea, and Yemen are not eligible for this program unless they have permanent residency in other countries and have lived abroad for more than 5 years.